All About Blu-ray
Professional Blu-ray Recordable Media for High Definition Requirements
||A Single Layer, 25GB Bllu-ray Recorable (BD-R) holds 5x more storage capacity than a Single Layer DVD-R
25 GB for 135 minutes of High Definition Video
Also available in 50 GB Capacity
High resolution and fast recordings at high speeds
- Recording layers made from highly stable inorganic dye
- Resistance to light exposure increases disc life
- BD-R Single layer Longevity Research
- BD-R XL Longevity Research
- Surface is protected with Hard Coating
- Withstands dirt, scratches, and fingerprints
Available in a wide variety of printable surfaces for a professional look.
Compatible with inkjet, thermal printables, Rimage Everest TM, as well as unbranded.
Custom private label silk-screening also available.
Blue Laser Technology Means Increased Capacity
||The key technology behind the Blu-ray
disc is the blue laser, which has a wavelength of only 405nm (billionths
of a meter). DVDs use a pure red laser with a wavelength of 650nm, and
CDs use a 780nm wavelength infra-red laser. The benefit of having a
blue laser with a shorter wavelength means it is possible to write
smaller data pits, and significantly increase the amount of data stored
on a disc.